Signup, Login and Purchase Are Currently Disabled
We are migrating to a new site and as a result of this exciting change, the training site will be unavailable on 19th June, 2020 from 7:00 PM to June 20th, 11:59 PM.
We thank you for your patience and can't wait to show you our new site.
The goal of Conservation Education is to “increase the level of public commitment to wildlife and fisheries conservation”. We are proud to provide education services for Conservation Education, Youth Programs and Firearms Safety.Enroll Today
Alberta Hunter Education Instructors' Association Employment OpportunitiesRead More
Conservation Essentials Courses
Firearms Safety Practice Exams
Junior Wildlife Workbook
Hunting and Conservation have always gone hand in hand. Hunter Education is a vital contributor to wise conservation practices today, tomorrow and the future. AHEIA is doing a wonderful job and will continue to do so. I thank you all for that.
- Jim Dougherty (June 12, 2002)
Working together, our organizations can have a positive impact on the future of hunting, fishing and habitat. Congratulations to the Alberta Hunter Education Instructors’ Association Volunteers and keep up the great work!
- Gerry Kaumeyer (Pheasants Forever, Calgary Chapter)
AHEIA continues to do positive and pro-active work bringing on the next generation of Conservationists. Congratulations to all the Volunteer Instructors and keep up the great work!
- Dave Powell (Alberta Fish and Game Association)
Volunteers play an integral role and I truly appreciate your efforts to educate residents about our connection with the outdoors, and the importance of conserving Alberta’s fish and wildlife resources. Importantly, your leadership helps inspire more stewards of our natural resources.
- The Honourable David C. Coutts, Minister, Alberta Sustainable Resource Development (January 2006)
The Alberta Hunter Education Instructors Association is clearly committed to conservation education and is known for its strong volunteer spirit. Albertans benefit from your values and knowledge and generations to come will appreciate your efforts.
- The Honourable Ralph Klein, Feb 11, 2006, Premier of Alberta
You are among the finest stewards of land in Alberta. Your work over 45 years has ensured the youth of the province continue to play an active role in conserving Alberta’s fish and wildlife resources. Your assistance in establishing Provincial Hunting Day as an annual event is appreciated.
- The Honourable Ted Morton, Feb 2008, Minister, Alberta Sustainable Resource Development
Alberta has benefited from 45 years of conservation education. More than 55,000 students took part in this program in 2008, and each year that number grows. With more than one million students since the program began, it is difficult to find a hunter in Alberta who has not been positively influenced by your conservation education programs.
- The Honourable Ed Stelmach, Premier of Alberta, Feb 14, 2009
…this program is much more than a course on safe hunting practices. Course participants not only learn about conservation, they also become ambassadors, passing on knowledge and passion to their children, parents, friends and neighbors. For that and the many other contributions your organization makes to the quality of life in our Province, I thank you.
- The Honourable Ed Stelmach, Premier of Alberta, Feb 6, 2010
I would like to thank the many volunteers in your organization who generously give of their time and wisdom. They are to be commended for their dedication, stewardship of our resources, and for being positive role models in the lives of others.
- The Honourable Mel Knight, Minister Alberta Sustainable Resource Development, Feb 2010
My thanks to all of you for being ambassadors and educators in this great province.
- The Honourable Ed Stelmach, Premier of Alberta, February 5th, 2011
You reached a major milestone in in the one-millionth graduate of the Alberta Hunter Education program. Continued excellence is demonstrated by those involved in your organization that pass on their knowledge and passion to the next generation of hunters, anglers and trappers.
- The Honourable Frank Oberle, Minister, Alberta Sustainable Resource Development, January 2012
Everyone involved with your wonderful organization has helped make Alberta a better place by inspiring and educating the next generation. For that, the Government of Alberta thanks you.
- The Honourable Allison M.Redford, QC, Premier of Alberta, Feb 11, 2012
Thanks for your dedication and hard work. It is no surprise that the number of hunters continues to increase in Alberta, bucking trends in other jurisdictions. You should be proud of this accomplishment.
- The Honourable Diana McQueen, Minister, Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, January 2012
While hunting is a hobby for some, it is a way of life for others. Hunting is a life-skill and we must ensure the new generation of hunters is adept, responsible and knowledgeable. Thanks to the thousands of hunter educators across Alberta, our new hunters are well informed and will continue the tradition in good stead.
- The Honourable Robin Campbell, Minister of the Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, February 2014
You have inspired many Albertans by sharing your passion for our natural resources and leading by example. Together with Albertans like you, I know we can protect our natural legacy for future generations.
- The Honourable Alison M. Redford, QC, Premier of Alberta, February 9, 2013
This year marks the 50th Anniversary of conservation education across our province. I am pleased to note that more than 1.6 million Albertans have enrolled in conservation education programs, which are provided by more than 3200 volunteers.
- The Honourable Alison M. Redford, QC, Premier of Alberta , February 8, 2014
From the Outdoor Women’s Program, to instructor workshops, and Canadian Firearm Safety courses, the Association has consistently demonstrated its leadership on conservation education. The Association continues to offer the online Hunter Education, Kidwise Firearm Safety, and essential training including the very popular Archery Essentials and Bear Essentials. All of these components add up to a strong and resilient culture of conserving wildlife, which takes the continuous commitment of each and every participant.
- The Honourable Kyle Fawcett, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, February 7, 2015
The efforts of the association and its hard-working members play a crucial role in forging a culture of responsible and ethical hunting and fishing. As Albertans we look forward to many more years of successful conservation education programs, workshops, and activities.
- The Honourable Jim Prentice, Premier of Alberta, February 7th, 2015
I appreciate your outstanding role in helping ensure that Alberta’s proud hunting and fishing tradition continues to play an important role in our culture and communities. For more than half a century, your growing success has resulted in the most successful education program of its kind in North America.
- The Honourable Rachel Notley, Premier of Alberta, February 6, 2016
Your dedication to educating Albertans about environmental stewardship and wildlife protection has created a legacy in the more than 1.8 million graduates of your programs. This year alone, the Alberta Hunter Education Instructors’ Association will reach almost 100,000 students Province wide through programs that teach all aspects of conservation education.
- The Honourable Shannon Phillips, Minister of Environment and Parks, February 6, 2016